[Phpmyadmin-devel] 2 versions

Armel FAUVEAU webmaster at phpindex.com
Wed Jul 25 04:03:54 CEST 2001

I all,

I totaly agree with that :

- maintening 2 trees is not very simple...
- add more feature in the release, and the final version is finish next
year...

But i don't think that releasing 2.2.0 with the quote bug is a good idea
too.

Well, however, this situation is not so critical.

I suggest that,

Step 1 :

- freeze new development (no new feature, only bug corrections)
- test LV fork
- merge LV fork and CVS
- release RC4

Step 2 :

- standby (no new feature, only bug corrections)
- release 2.2.0

Step 3 :
- add news features...
- add a 3D VRML/Flash view of database :))
- add an easter egg :pp
- release 2.3.0 RC1

Oops, just another thing...(don't kill me :p)...I almost finished a new
version of bookmark support (more effective with advenced auth). So,  I keep
it in a corner or should it be added in version 2.2.0 ? :p

Yours,

Armel.