[Phpmyadmin-devel] 2 versions

Benjamin Gandon gandon at isia.cma.fr
Thu Jul 26 19:24:29 CEST 2001

Maybe we should say that when a version is release candidate:

- we fork a new branch for that rc
- then *only* bug fixes are made to the rc branch
  and they would have to be backported to the real branch
- when the rc seems stable enough we release it

Result:
+ allows further developement on the real branch
+ reduces backports to bug fixes found in the rc branch
- maybe bug fixes backports would be difficult to make
  on a real branch that may have changed a lot

What do you think about that?