[Phpmyadmin-devel] converter

Robin Johnson robbat2 at fermi.orbis-terrarum.net
Thu Apr 25 07:45:11 CEST 2002

On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Marc Delisle wrote:
> - We should document the fact that perl may be somewhere else than
> /usr/local/bin/perl
Ok, good idea. This was the case on my system because I upgraded Perl.

> - Can it be done easily in PHP? I would prefer not adding PERL as a
> requirement for phpMyAdmin.
I am not certain about doing it in PHP without the use of the preg module,
but I think it might be possible to convert it entirely into a shell
script that uses sed/awk instead.

> > It makes the libraries/config_import.lib.php3 file by Alex obsolete, as
> > the user can convert the configuration file to the new format very easily.
> > Do we want to use this to allow backwards compatibility, or do we require
> > users to convert their configuration file with the Perl script?
>
> I prefer a converter than maintaining config_import_lib.php3 and the
> future variables.
I definetely agree with that.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson