[Phpmyadmin-devel] Patch #485311 - Storing Server Configuration in Database

Robin Johnson robbat2 at fermi.orbis-terrarum.net
Thu Jan 10 13:55:11 CET 2002

Hi Guys,

Loic originally submitted this patch some while ago, and I think that
implementing it would be a good idea to make life easier for the high
level sysadmins. I haven't tried to apply it against the tree yet, but
just a few ideas I had on it that I would like to mention.

First, this would need ideally get it's own database to run against, say
'phpMyAdmin' (I already have such a database for my bookmarked queries).
In addition, there is a lot of extra things that could be implemented best
with a proper database instead of using the configuration file still.
Feature #484158 is a good example of something that would become a LOT
easier to implement with such a system available.

If everybody else thinks that such a large scale feature would be
appropriate in phpMyAdmin, I would be willing to implement it, as I have a
newfound need for it myself.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robbat2 at orbis-terrarum.net