[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: New backwards compatibility code / 2.2.7-rc1 release

Marc Delisle Delislma at CollegeSherbrooke.qc.ca
Wed Jun 19 07:43:08 CEST 2002

Rabus wrote:

> [...]

Alexander,

As I find 2.3.0-dev stable enough to be renamed 2.3.0-rc1 and released
(with some minor things deactivated for now as I said previously), I
don't think it's a good idea to release 2.2.7-rc1, because we are about
to release 2.3.0-rc1 and I fear that 2.3.0-rc1 would not get the same
kind of testing from users.

I also think about support forums, where it will be easier to support
only one new version instead of 2 new versions.

Sorry if this bothers your agenda, or other developers' agenda who
believed in the idea of 2.2.7.