[Phpmyadmin-devel] Re: Testings and opinions

Loïc loic-div at ifrance.com
Thu May 2 12:24:05 CEST 2002

Wolfram wrotes:
>Oh, well, it's not that hard. Just use one scheme, like
>--8<--
>$cfgPmaAbsoluteUri = (!empty($HTTPS) ? 'https' :
>'http').'://'.$SERVER_NAME.(!empty($SERVER_PORT) ? >':'.$SERVER_PORT :
>NULL).substr($SCRIPT_NAME, 0, strrpos($SCRIPT_NAME, '/') + 1);
>--8<--

This suggestion relies on too much environment variable one
hand hand and only works if "register_globals" is set ton "on".

IMHO the only valid alternative to an empty string is the ifrst example
in the documentation (where the only server environment variable is
$SERVER_PORT but with tests on the $_SERVER, $_ENV, $HTTP_SERVER_VARS,
$HTTP_ENV_VARS and the use of the
"getenv()" to get the values we need whatever is the "register_globals"
directive position.

Loïc