[Phpmyadmin-devel] Release cycle

Robin Johnson robbat2 at orbis-terrarum.net
Mon Feb 3 11:26:31 CET 2003

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 01:40:22PM -0500, Marc Delisle wrote:
> >Okay, then it seems like no big 'packages' like mine are submitted. I will
> >be working on those mime/sql JS window things the next 2 weeks and will
> >surely touch a lot of parts. So it would be great to get some notice
> >before another one takes approach on a huger scheme.
> You could post patches of your work on the patch tracker so we can try it.
Definetly. I usually maintain two trees, one of the current stuff that
only bugfixes go into, and another one I play around with more.
For my clients that use PMA for touching their data, I give them the
choice between the two.

Just because the main tree is frozen doesn't mean no development takes
place.

> >Just a final question, I can't get the CVS to remember my password, is
> >this somehow possible? I've got access to the repository (did a first
> >commit), and I already put my SSH-private key via the web interface on the
> >shell-machine. I can already login on the shell with the public key, but I
> >am still asked every time to enter my cvs pass. Is this intentional or am
> >I forgetting something?
> I am using ssh-agent and only have to enter my passphrase once. Then
> I can work with cvs without giving my password with:
>
> export CVS_RSH=ssh
> cvs -z3 -d:ext:lem9 at cvs1.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/phpmyadmin  ....
If you spend a lot of time connected to a linux box to work on things
via SSH from windows, I recommend PuTTY with key-forwarding turned on.
Works like a charm.

If you are using a linux box natively instead, look at ssh-multiadd to
help with ssh-agent, as well as a number of the other helpful key tools.

Again, using key-forwarding is a big help.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robbat2 at orbis-terrarum.net
Home Page  : http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/?l=people.robbat2