[Phpmyadmin-devel] Multi queries - CVS update

Tue Jul 29 09:10:04 CEST 2003

Garvin Hicking wrote:
> (Darn, I always get screwed by the new 'members-only' E-Mail adress catcher. So, again:
> I posted this earlier today:)
>
> Hi All!
>
> I modified the handling of multi-query submits today. (RFE #771282)
>
> The intention was, to optionally let a multi-query be executed, even though there could
> be errors in it. As this is normally not useful, I put a configuration directive
> ($cfg['IgnoreMultiSubmitErrors']) to it. It will be deactivated by default. The
> mysql_die() function will then print each failed query.
>
> The other feature is a more verbose output for each query ($cfg['VerboseMultiSubmit']).
> If this is set, the results (affected_rows / num_rows / failure) of EACH query will be
> appended as a MySQL comment into the SQL-Query output. I also changed how many
> lines/pieces per file/query are allowed until bandwidth saving gets activated and no
> results are shown. I put the configuration directly into read_dump.php3 because I think
> putting it into configuration is a bit too much.
>
> I checked it for all my basic queries and I hope the changes are non-intrusive. Can you
> please all test it?

Garvin,

I made some quick tests and it looks good. I tested multi-statements like
some INSERTs and some DELETEs sent at once: I saw the neat comments about affected rows.

However, one thing that does not work is two SELECTs like this:

select * from persons;
select * from towns;

Did you try this?  Maybe a parser issue.

Marc