[Phpmyadmin-devel] Experimental db_details_structure

Mon May 10 07:46:13 CEST 2004

Garvin Hicking a écrit:

> Hi All!
>
> I just had a go at the non-light left frame and grouped/nested tables. Formerly
> if you clicked on any of the groups you where taken to the full table properties
> overview. It would be nice to only see the tables in the group.

Indeed this is a good improvement.

> When I evaluated the functions which iterate through the available tables I
> found out that if the ToolTip-Function is enabled the SHOW TABLE STATUS is done
> twice, unneccesarily IMHO. I reduced that into one step and don't think that
> could break anything. But I would ask you to carefully revise if you see any
> issues with this.

Looks ok to me.

> At least on my setup with 300 tables this definitely speeds up my whole display.
>
> I escaped the submitted $tbl_group variable to SHOW TABLE STATUS FROM ... LIKE
> '...' with no special escaping. Do you think this is needed? I only tested with
> common table names, to weird special characters used.

Oops, I have a problem with this.
Here is my test case: a db called b1, with some tables not part of a nested group
and tables n1__a and n1__b.

When I rename n1_a to né1_a:

In Netscape 7.2, group né1 is ok including its table. But I lose n1__b.

In IE 6, the name né1 is broken.

Marc