[Phpmyadmin-devel] 20 seconds lost in header_meta_style.inc.php

Marc Delisle Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Thu Apr 13 06:55:10 CEST 2006

Garvin Hicking a écrit :
> Hi Marc!
>
>> When I click a db name on the left panel, I get 20 seconds between the
>> "before" and "after". Can't find what is happening in
>> header_meta_style.inc.php. There are some calls to PMA_generate_commun_url() but
>> it does not seem to be the problem.
>
> Are you sure it takes 20 seconds within that file, or just 20 seconds in your
> browser output? Because of HTTP chunking, it could appear that it takes so long
> for that simple file, while in real PHP time the time is spent somewhere else.

ok, using this
     require_once './libraries/header_http.inc.php';
     $time_before = microtime(true);
     require_once './libraries/header_meta_style.inc.php';
     $time_after = microtime(true);
     echo $time_after - $time_before;

I only get .0006 seconds. No significant differences when OBgzip is true
or false. But still 20 seconds on my watch.

Web server A (Apache 1.3.34) is on a different machine than MySQL server
B (MySQL 5.1.7, with 4400 dbs). When connecting Web server A to MySQL
server C (MySQL 5.0.18, 100 dbs) there is almost no delay. I'm using
Firefox.

So, something else is eating time but it's difficult to find using
conventional tracing. I guess I'll have to use a debugger.

P.S. what is HTTP chunking? :)

Marc