[Phpmyadmin-devel] fixed font sizes

Marc Delisle Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca
Fri Jul 7 14:52:53 CEST 2006

Sebastian Mendel a écrit :
> Marc Delisle schrieb:
>> Sebastian Mendel a écrit :

>>> yes we decided, but for Default theme, or not? many users who use
>>> darkblue uses this theme also for the smaller font size - or not?
>> Well, I think that not forcing a font size and telling users that they
>> have control over the font size from their browser, should be
>> appropriate for original, darkblue_orange and all the custom themes...
>

> yes, i think this too ... but the users don't ... i have no problem
> dropping this ... btw. after fixing this quirks mode and scrollbar bug i
> would like to implement a new selectbox on the mainpage, where the user
> can select font size in % - than it is clear that the base font size in
> all themes should be removed.

Selecting font size in % does not seem very intuitive to offer to the
majority of users. I don't remember where but sometimes I see icons
looking like

A+  A-

The A meaning "text size", so users can increase or decrease it with one
click.  We could even store this in their cookies :)

About the font size and this code:

select, input, textarea {
     font-size:          0.7em;
}

Please also have a look and add your comments at
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1494593&group_id=23067&atid=377408