[Phpmyadmin-devel] Automated testing

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Wed Jul 15 10:12:17 CEST 2009

Hi

Dne Wed, 15 Jul 2009 05:05:46 +0200
Herman van Rink <rink at initfour.nl> napsal(a):

> The PMA_formatNumberByteDown_test test still fails for me on a
> conversion....  does this pass on other systems?

Six tests do fail for me:

1) testEncrypt(PMA_blowfish_test)
2) testDecrypt(PMA_blowfish_test)
3) testFormatNumber(PMA_formatNumberByteDown_test) with data set #4
4) testFormatNumber(PMA_formatNumberByteDown_test) with data set #5
5) testFormatNumber(PMA_formatNumberByteDown_test) with data set #6
6) testWriteReloadNavigation(PMA_headerLocation_test)

> I've setup several  new testcases that uses Selenium RC [1] to replay
> actual browser behaviour.
> My first test in this is a case where I log in and do some basic
> browsing and change the test users password.
> The test scenario's are easily recorded using the Firefox Selenium IDE
> add-on. [2]
> Testing can happen in Firefox, Internet Explorer and other browsers.
>

> I've set up a cronjob which would run the test suite e.g. every day on
> trunk, and plan to expand this to the latest testing branch. Any errors
> would be mailed to me. If others are interested I could sent this to a
> list address.

I think sending failures to this list would be appropriate, what do
others think?

> Issues:
> - Using a self-signed ssl certificate with Selenium RC is a pain, using
> non-ssl for now. [4]
>
> - Somehow selenium does not like the language selection on the cookie
> login page, forced English in my config for now.
>
> - The current naming scheme for test cases seems to be a bit off,
> according to the phpunit defaults.
> When running through wui.php it works, but when running individual tests
> the underscores in the class/file names are interpreted as directory
> separator.
> I therefore propose a CamelCase format for the new selenium classes.

Feel free to adjust phpunit test also.

> - The wiki has no info about testing, I propose a Devel:UnitTesting page

Yes, testing is completely uncovered by our docs.

--
	Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com | http://phpmyadmin.cz