[Phpmyadmin-devel] ideas / concerns / problems [about|with] user settings feature

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Mon Jul 20 19:53:33 CEST 2009

Zeeshan M. a écrit :
> /What is you plan with the font size setting? It's already taken care of,
> on the main page.
>
> For the default language, I don't think that this is much needed, as the
> current language selectors work well and are able to detect the
> browser's defined language./
>
> Yes, this is what I have was recently thinking.  Since, the original
> goals of the project are very clear to me know I don't think there is
> need to have interfaces for default language, font size, and max rows etc.

Huh? I was only writing about font size and default language selector.
Max rows and (probably) the other settings you were addressing in your
sample code, should go to user preferences.

> I think I was confusing what I was originally supposed to do (which also
> happens to be much simpler) with something I read in your book about
> "permanent storage" feature.  Can you please elaborate on this if it is
> related to my project, and in what way?

"User preferences in permanent storage" means that they are stored in a
place more permanent than in session. As we don't want to bloat the
cookies, the chosen place is a user preferences in pmadb, which is the
project on which you are working.