[Phpmyadmin-devel] ideas / concerns / problems [about|with] user settings feature

Zeeshan M. zeeshan.jp at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 19:55:52 CEST 2009

Hi,
*
Why do you introduce syntax errors (calendar.php)?
*
I think I edited it by mistake, I'll fix it.
*
Why do you change config defaults (libraries/config.default.php)?
*
I had to set pma db var equal to "phpmyadmin" as for some reasons it was not
set to "phpmyadmin" by default.
*
Why do you duplicate lot of information in permUsrPref class (user
name, table name, database link,...)?*

Such parameters are set only once in the constructor.  Can you please
elaborate with a minimal example what do you mean by duplication?

*In server_perm_storage.php there is a huge code duplication, please
have just one piece code to handle setting the value and do not copy it
for every available optiofn.*

I thought each setting would have different test cases, that's why I set up
conditional statements separately.  May be I can reduce code by generalizing
test cases, but I am not sure if it would be a probable solution.  What are
your thoughts?

Thanks!
Best regards,
Zeeshan Mughal