[Phpmyadmin-devel] Templates in phpMyAdmin

Philip Frank ich at philipfrank.de
Wed Apr 7 19:19:27 CEST 2010

2010/4/7 Silvan Troxler <silvan.troxler at gmail.com>:
> Michael Keck and I were discussing whether to use Dwoo or Twig. We
> both think, Dwoo is the better choice. While Twig is in an early
> development stage and introduces a new template syntax, Dwoo was
> around for a while now and the syntax is very similar or even
> compatible to Smarty. This makes it easier to code for everybody who
> is familiar with the very well known and widely used Smarty. But Dwoo
> started as a pure PHP5 project and doesn't have "dead weight" as
> Smarty.
>
> I everyone is content with this decision.
>
> Best regards
> Silvan

This probably comes a bit late, but have you considered http://phptal.org/ ?
The huge benefit of TAL ist that it's template code is valid XML, so
most HTML editors handle it pretty well with syntax checking etc.

I don't really have an opinion on Dwoo or Twig, but I'd consider the
following points:
* Dwoo: mostly written by a single guy. smarty compatibilty is a good
point though.
* Twig: maintained by sensiolabs, who also made the symfony webapp
framework. these slides also point out a lot of nice things about
Twig: http://www.slideshare.net/fabpot/twig-the-flexible-fast-and-securetemplate-language-for-php

Regards,
Philip