[Phpmyadmin-devel] JSDoc-Toolkit and jQuery

Ninad Pundalik ninadsp16289 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 21:35:15 CEST 2010

Hi,

This is the last week for the Google Summer of Code, and we are
supposed to be documenting our code changes.  The coding guidelines on
the phpMyAdmin Wiki say that the comment syntax must be JSDoc
compatible.

As JSDoc is no longer maintained, I downloaded JSDoc-Toolkit, and
tried running it on some of my jQuery and JavaScript code.  The
toolkit could correctly parse all the functions written in JavaScript,
but it could not document the jQuery procedural code.  I searched on
the net, but could not see any examples of jQuery code being
documented with this toolkit.  There are examples of jQuery plugins
and functions being documented with JSDoc-Toolkit, but could not find
anything for simple jQuery scripts.

Has anyone seen JSDoc working with jQuery? (or for that matter, any
other JavaScript library.  We could learn from how it was implemented
for them.)  I discussed this issue with Ankit today, but even he was
trying to figure out how to do this.  If there is no such example
available, how do we proceed for this week, before we submit our code
samples to Google?  The comments will be part of my code, whether the
toolkit can parse them or not.

--
Ninad S. Pundalik