[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSOC 2010 Charts

Piotr Przybylski piotr.prz at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 14:05:12 CET 2010

2010/3/23 Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info>:
> Martynas Mickevičius a écrit :
>> Hello everyone,
>> I have noticed that you are using git as versioning system. Is there any PMA
>> developer using Windows? I am using msysgit and was wondering if there are
>> any alternatives.
>
> I am using Linux, but if you don't find anything that works for you, you
> could install Sun's Virtualbox + some Linux distro in a virtual machine.
> Works like a charm.

Yesterday I successfully cloned phpMyAdmin repository with
TortoiseGit, but by using msysgit commandline. Unlike GUI tools it
shows me some progress and I know whether it works at all, with 180 MB
repository it is good to know whether the task progresses at all. The
only problem I have is that some TortoiseGit service crashes about one
time per two hours (at least on my Windows 7 x64). I intend to try out
GitExtensions - http://code.google.com/p/gitextensions/w/list , maybe
it will work better.

--
Piotr Przybylski