[Phpmyadmin-devel] Drizzle compatibility and demo server

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Thu Oct 21 10:55:19 CEST 2010

Michal Čihař a écrit :
> Hi all
>
> I've just set up another database to demo server - Drizzle. At first
> attempt phpMyAdmin did not work at all, but after few fixes (basically
> disabling all charsets/collation handling we do on connect), we're at
> least able to connect and show the interface with some databases and
> tables.
>
> However there is much more things to fix (for example phpMyAdmin does
> not see all tables for some reason) and definitely more to test.
> However the question is if we want to officially support Drizzle and
> put some effort into it.

I think that current phpMyAdmin's code is too MySQL-oriented and that
this product should remain an interface for MySQL only. Another point is
the "My" in phpMyAdmin and the signal it gives to the community.

I have nothing against Drizzle but I think that the phpMyAdmin team
should remain focussed on MySQL. Anybody can fork the phpMyAdmin's code
to take another direction but I certainly do not have free time to be
part of this other team.

However I am open to diverging opinions :)