[Phpmyadmin-devel] Interested in AJAXify Interface project idea

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Sun Jan 23 12:52:27 CET 2011

Le 2011-01-22 23:57, lgtkaushalya at gmail.com a écrit :
> Hi Marc,
>
>      I'm Thilanka Kaushalya who is a 4th(final) year Computer science and
> Engineering undergraduate from University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. I have
> good experiences on using phpMyAdmin for couple of years and I'm a fan of
> it.

Hi Thilanka,

>      I found that phpMyAdmin community have reported some project ideas for
> the 2011 GSOC session. I'm interested on those ideas you have posted,
> specially "AJAXify Interface" and I found that you suppose to be the mentor
> for that project. On the wiki there are a list of tasks which were assigned
> to the 2010 GSOC session
> here<http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Devel:AJAXify_Interface>.

This list has not yet been updated to indicate what has been done.

> I went through those and is there any tasks left out of those, if so I could
> work on those prior to the time line and can get a better understanding on
> the architecture and get my self familiar with the code base. So please can
> you give some more informations on the project idea, it will be very help
> full for me.

One area that needs improvement is Database search:

- collapse/expand the "Search in database" fieldset
- separate popup when clicking on Browse in the search results, to avoid
losing the search results; the same for Delete (especially when a Delete
attempt fails)

>    - I'm familiar with PHP, MySql and AJAX.

Are you familiar with jQuery?