[Phpmyadmin-devel] Grid editing versus Inline edit

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Fri Jul 22 16:42:58 CEST 2011

Le 2011-07-22 10:11, Aris Feryanto a écrit :
> [...]

So you'll change the interface to avoid auto-saving after clicking
outside of the modified cell?

>> I'm also wondering about the "Edit mode". Why not just enter edit
>> when someone clicks on data? I know that, currently, clicking on
>> data produces row marking and ticks the checkbox, but this could be
>> improved. After all, the most probable intention from a user (with
>> a spreadsheet knowledge) clicking on data is to edit it.
>
> When I made this "Edit mode", I was thinking about clicking data with
> a link, for example foreign key in InnoDb table. We may expect to go
> to the data associated with the foreign value when clicking the link,
> don't we?

Yes. With the current way you are tracking the mouse inside a cell (and
display the down arrow), edit mode is needed.

Is is possible to not have an edit mode; then the user, clicking on a
data link, would follow the link, but clicking anywhere in the cell
would put this cell in edit mode?

We need to find the most intuitive way of editing and I need to be
convinced that this is not by clicking.