[Phpmyadmin-devel] AJAXify phpMyAdmin Interface - GSOC 2011 - Create Table in navigation panel

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Wed May 25 18:59:20 CEST 2011

Thilanka Kaushalya a écrit :
> Hi Marc,
>
> I fixed the issues which were in my last commit of adding a dialog for
> "Create table" option in navigation panel. I updated the repository[1].
> Please can you check that.
>
> If it is okay I can start working on my second task which is "Implement
> the *Add a new user in database privileges task*".

Hi Thilanka,
the feature works well (at least in my tests).

Could you change one thing about the js variable names? By convention,
adding a $ prefix is only for jQuery objects. In your code, "$url"
should be "url" because it does not refer to the jQuery object but to an
attribute of it.

Also, replace
<script src="js/messages.php"></script>
with
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/messages.php"></script>

Another thing: you copied chunks of code from js/functions.js into
js/navigation.js. This means maintainability problems for the future.

Can you refactor this code into a function which would be in
functions.js and called from both places (table creation in navigation
panel and table creation in main panel)?

You can keep your solution of "$div"; when I complained to you about the
duplication of
$('<div id="create_table_dialog"></div>')
I had not noticed that this code was present in js/functions.js.