[Phpmyadmin-devel] AJAXify phpMyAdmin Interface - GSOC 2011 - Create Table in navigation panel

Thilanka Kaushalya lgtkaushalya at gmail.com
Wed May 25 20:09:44 CEST 2011

Hi Marc,

I did following changes and committed to the repository.

> Could you change one thing about the js variable names? By convention,
> adding a $ prefix is only for jQuery objects. In your code, "$url"
> should be "url" because it does not refer to the jQuery object but to an
> attribute of it.

Modified the variable names in navigation.js file.

> Also, replace
> <script src="js/messages.php"></script>
> with
> <script type="text/javascript" src="js/messages.php"></script>

Modified the navigation.php file.

> Another thing: you copied chunks of code from js/functions.js into
> js/navigation.js. This means maintainability problems for the future.
>
> Can you refactor this code into a function which would be in
> functions.js and called from both places (table creation in navigation
> panel and table creation in main panel)?

Added the code to PMA_createTableDialog function in function.js file.

Please check the repository. I'll write a blog post on the task by tomorrow.
Thank you.

Regards,
Thilanka.

--