[Phpmyadmin-devel] Merging server pages

Piotr Przybylski piotr.prz at gmail.com
Mon May 30 13:34:34 CEST 2011

2011/5/30 Tyron Madlener <tyronx at gmail.com>:
> I'd like to merge some of the server pages, so that we have a smaller
> menu and less links ending up in the 'More' tab.
>
> What I have done already is put the processes table into the status
> page as it fits very well into the server traffic (jquery-)tab.
> And secondly I would merge together Engines, Charsets, Replication and
> Variables into a (jquery-)tab-separated page named "Configuration"
>
> Since an average user rarely requires the information supplied on
> those pages I think it is a good idea to free up the space in the menu
> bar. Any objections on this? :)

All links fit with 1440px wide screens (unless you are root and see
all tabs, then you need 1600px). I think moving all these tabs deeper
into navigation structure is pointless.

While Processes can go there (they are related to server's current,
live status), Variables, Engines and Charsets are about global
configuration and don't change during server's operation. I think they
should stay where they are now.

--
Regards,
Piotr Przybylski