[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSoC 2012 Project Idea

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Wed Mar 21 11:48:06 CET 2012

Le 2012-03-20 20:17, prakul agarwal a écrit :
> Hello
>
> I am Prakul Agarwal, an Undergraduate Student  of Information Technology,
> at IIIT A,  India. I have Been Using PMA for about 1 and half years now. I
> would like to start contributing towards development of PMA.
>
> As a GSoC Project I am considering Refactoring Table search, Db Search,
> MultiQuery Table. But I would also like to do something that adds value to
> the search functionality . Kindly suggest what way can i take forward.
>
> In the meantime i will start the work of contributing towards bug-fixes.
>
> thank You

Hello,
thanks for your interest in working with us. About the "kindly suggest"
part, here is an advice from the ideas list:

"mentors generally do not wish to help a student drafting his proposal."

and
"You can use the phpmyadmin-devel mailing list to ask specific questions
about these ideas."

Note that for GSoC 2012, the team does not wish proposals that add big
new features, but it depends on what you have in mind with adding value.