[Phpmyadmin-devel] [phpmyadmin] add Class PMA_Navigation_test to cover navigation test (#246)

adam adamgsoc2013 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 04:34:34 CEST 2013

Hi Rouslan,
>Try to write tests for the smallest functions that you can find first. That way, the tests will actually be useful in checking whether a function does what it's supposed to.

Thanks for your help about this.  I try to apply the GSOC project: Automatic testing. In fact, I have finished
Have merged:
https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/pull/233  add test case for PMA_Header_test
https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/pull/240

Still on review:
https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/pull/245   add test case for Table Class
https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/pull/244   add test case for PMA_Footer_test.php
https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/pull/243   add test case for Config.class.php

Still on working:
https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/pull/246
add Class PMA_Navigation_test to cover navigation test

=============My information in preview mails===========
I am very familiar with the CI env and PHP code coverage, because I just finished a similiar project when I Intern on Yahoo! last year.   I finished a automatic testing job:
1. PHP UNIT code and Functional testing code.
2. Commit to GIT will trigger a CI build.
3. The CI build is done by: slenium + Firefox+ Xvfb (so that we dont need display)
4. output the code coverage report.

About the topic, at least two things should be done:
1.  create more test cases to increase the code-coverage of the test-suite
From the following data,
Total  48.55% 11386 / 23452  48.04% 368 / 766  15.79% 9 / 57
 libraries  47.45% 10894 / 22960  48.04% 368 / 766  15.79% 9 / 57
2.  set up the necessary scripts to automate this.
https://github.com/adamgsoc2013/phpmyadmin/tree/master/scripts

Thanks,
Adam