[Phpmyadmin-devel] Error reports

Dieter Adriaenssens dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 12:34:02 CEST 2013

2013/7/5 Mohamed Ashraf <mohamed.ashraf.213 at gmail.com>:
> For the server side component of the error reporting system. What are
> the things you want to do with the reports. like for example comments,
> or storing status of the reports. what other things do think you would
> want to do on the error reporting server.
>
> What I am thinking is commenting, changing status, searching and of
> course viewing all the details of the report as well as related
> reports.
>
> Do you want the ability to delete error reports or just mark them as
> resolved. and while we are on the matter what are the statuses that
> should exist for the error reports. I am thinking at least new and
> resolved but I cant think of anything else;

Hi,

I see this server as a go-between for getting error reports into our
existing bug-tracker [0] at Sourceforge.

I think it should gather error reports, group them and have the
possibility of inserting it in the bug-tracker, no need to mimic the
functionality of the existing bug-tracker.

F.e. when a error report comes in, the server should check if it is
similar (= identical) to existing reports. If it is, group them, and
give the new report the same status as the existing one(s).
If it is new, mark as to review, and/or send it to the bug-tracker.

So statuses could be new/unreviewed, open (bug-tracker ticket is still
open), resolved (bug was fixed).

[0] http://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/bugs/

--
Kind regards,