[Phpmyadmin-devel] Console: improving a message

Edward Cheng c4150221 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 14:56:27 CEST 2014

Hi, Marc

Thanks first, BTW I need more suggestions.

> Hi Edward,
> I was translating new messages and I blocked on:
> "Always expand queried messages".
>
> I would like to replace this message with:
> "Always expand query submenu"
Emm, many short messages and they're not contain(or case) line-break,
expand for them truly only "pin" the submenu onto them, but expand
button is for long messages and line-break-contained messages,
collapsed mode of them only for preview, expand them to show whole
query string, sometimes some queries just too long, flip over them
make people tired. So the expand is mean expand query string, not for
"pin" the submenu onto them--even most of the time it looks like it.

> In fact, what is expanded looks like "Collapse Requery Reedit Database:
> employees Queried time: Tue Jul 08 2014 07:44:52 GMT-0400 (EDT) " so it
> contains a submenu plus some other info, but I cannot find a better
> improvement.
Sorry, do you mean still hide them while the query expanded? Expand
many or all queries make console like a zebra(I don't like it looks
like a zebra :), but I think "pin" submenu while it expanded is a
better design, and if more information needed, tell me and it'll be
added.

> Comments?
>
> --
> Marc Delisle | phpMyAdmin