[Phpmyadmin-devel] Invalid HTML code for query result (#result_query)

Abhishek Kandoi abhikandoi2000 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 12:55:09 CET 2014

While examining the *bug 4301*, I found a fundamental problem with the
query result messages (those with id result_query).

The problem is that in some cases there are multiple result query messages
that have to be displayed. For eg: when a row is edited (using the *Edit *link
of a particular row on the browse table page) two result queries are
displayed. The first is an *UPDATE* query and the other is a *SELECT* query.

The corresponding HTML for this contains two *div*s with the same id (i.e.
*result_query*). This is invalid html as an *id* is supposed to be unique
to an element and must only identify a single element.

Regarding the bug 4301, there is a pull request from *krtin *available here
https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/pull/1006.

But according to the standards this is not the proper way to fix this bug.
I would like to re-factor the code corresponding to the
multiple-element-with-same-id problem and then fix this bug accordingly.

This pull request does solve the problem but, in the long run it may be
problematic due to its inconsistency with the overall UI/UX of phpMyAdmin
(it uses animation to display the UPDATE query for a few seconds followed
by the SELECT query).

Any thoughts on this?

--
Abhishek Kandoi
Second Year, Computer Science and Engineering