[Phpmyadmin-devel] problem regarding pushing my commits to remote branch

Atul Pratap Singh atulpratapsingh05 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 14:58:36 CET 2015

Tapan,

On 8 February 2015 at 18:50, Tapan Halani <tapanhalani231 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know whether it is a good idea or not to ask git related doubts
> here, but I have tried possibly all other solutions for my problem.

I have recently solved bug#4744 but could not push my commits to branch
> QA_4_3 , as was suggested by a mentor. Everytime I push the commits from my
> local branch to remote, everything goes well but I cannot see any updations
> present on local branch on remote branch. Please guide me through this, as
> I am feeling quite embarrassed on myself being stuck on this for 1 day.
>
> Also , I have pushed my commits on my own branch tapan-branch, as a
> contingency for evaluation. So while I fix the above problem , can you
> evaluate my commits on my branch ? I have created a pull reqest too.
>
> Your pull request https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/pull/1487 is
still targeting master branch of phpMyAdmin, please target QA_4_3 instead
as you are doing a bug fix. Also it contains four commits which are
similarly named, so please squash those into a single commit.

About git related doubts, it will be great if you could clear them using
various tutorials and sources available online. About QA_4_3 pushing
problem you mention, as you have not mentioned the specifics, I can just
say that you may need to do git reset or rebase locally and then force push
to your github QA_4_3.

In general, we will appreciate patience for reviews of your pull requests,
as people here are mostly volunteers having other daily obligations as
well. And due to same reason it is difficult to clear individual git
related and other doubts as it eats into resources available for review and
"evaluation".

--
Regards

Atul Pratap Singh