[phpMyAdmin Developers] JavaScript function names

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 15:28:03 CEST 2017

Hi,

I was looking at some of the JavaScript function names, in particular
in js/pma/move.js and the names are a mess; we have many different
variations of naming technique. That led me to look for any coding
style guides; I know we have one for PHP files[1] but it's not clear
if we use the same standards for JavaScript files. We can improve our
documentation about this (unless I just missed some documentation that
already exists). Any input about what we should use here? Most of the
rest of the JS files seem to use PEAR-standard function names, at
least based on a quick look I just did. If we all agree on that, we
can just add a bit to the wiki telling people to use those same
standards for JS files.

Any thoughts?

1 - https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/wiki/Developer_guidelines#coding-style