[phpMyAdmin Developers] Responsive Navigation Bar - Improvement

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 02:58:38 CEST 2017

Hi Manish,

On Sun, Jun 4, 2017 at 9:08 AM, Manish Bisht <manish.bisht490 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on making phpmyadmin responsive. I have started with the
> navigation bar and made it responsive for mobile devices also. This
> improvement can be made on the desktop versions also. I have attached the
> screenshot for both the mobile and the desktop version after adding my
> improvement. I have added left and right scroll indicator in the navigation
> bar.
>
> Please have a look at it and looking forward for your suggestions.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Manish Bisht
> Email : hi at manishbisht.me
> Website : https://manishbisht.me

I'm pretty happy with the result, although I have a few thoughts about
it that are what I'd call
a "nitpick" level. I think a scroll bar would be nice to grab and
quickly scroll to the area I prefer,
and clicking the arrows would ideally scroll me one menu tab (or maybe
one screenful) at a time
instead of what seems like a pixel or two now. No matter what, I think
the scrolling action needs
to be faster.

Other developers and others on this list, what do you think about
changing from the collapsible
menu bar we have now to one like Manish is proposing that's always
full open and can be scrolled?
It might be a bit of a usability loss and I have to use it for a few
more days to see what I truely think
about that aspect.

Other opinions?