[phpMyAdmin Developers] Responsive Navigation Bar - Improvement

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Tue Jun 6 10:34:56 CEST 2017

Hi

Isaac Bennetch píše v Po 05. 06. 2017 v 20:58 -0400:
> I'm pretty happy with the result, although I have a few thoughts
> about
> it that are what I'd call
> a "nitpick" level. I think a scroll bar would be nice to grab and
> quickly scroll to the area I prefer,
> and clicking the arrows would ideally scroll me one menu tab (or
> maybe
> one screenful) at a time
> instead of what seems like a pixel or two now. No matter what, I
> think
> the scrolling action needs
> to be faster.

Indeed scrolling slowly doesn't sound like a good choice.

> Other developers and others on this list, what do you think about
> changing from the collapsible
> menu bar we have now to one like Manish is proposing that's always
> full open and can be scrolled?
> It might be a bit of a usability loss and I have to use it for a few
> more days to see what I truely think
> about that aspect.

I'm not sure if this approach is better than current one. With
collapsible menu, you click once and see all options which are easy to
select. With scrolling approach, you will have to scroll several times
until you find what you're looking for (especially on small devices).

--
	Michal Čihař | https://cihar.com/ | https://weblate.org/