[phpMyAdmin Developers] GSOC 2017 - Manish Bisht Introduction - Contributing Guide

Manish Bisht manish.bisht490 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 09:00:53 CET 2017

2. Disable charset conversion when importing with SET NAMES
The list comment on this link https://github.com/phpmyadmin/
phpmyadmin/issues/9419 gives the start to solve this issue.

Indeed the charset handling seems to be broken on the import:

>    - the iso-8859-1 file imports fine if I choose utf-8 and keep SET
>    NAMES latin1
>

>    - the iso-8859-1 file imports fine if I choose iso-8859-1 and remove
>    SET NAMES latin1
>

>    - the iso-8859-1 file imports corrupted if I choose iso-8859-1 and
>    keep SET NAMES latin1
>
> Any suggestions will be helpful to implement it in more better way.

I will post about others features on this list as soon as I done with the
next one.

Manish Bisht
Email : hi at manishbisht.me
Website : https://manishbisht.me