[phpMyAdmin Developers] Slack channel for phpmyadmin

Manish Bisht manish.bisht490 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 16:30:23 CET 2017

Its better for us as:
1. Able to message members even when they are not online.
2. Integrate Google hangout for calls and video conferencing
https://slack.com/apps/A0F7YS351-google-hangouts
3. Apps Integrations : https://slack.com/apps
4. Code snippets: Slack has built-in support for them. On IRC you’re just
asked to use a pastebin like Gist.
5. File transfers: Slack does them. IRC also does them through XDCC, but
this can be difficult to get working.
6. Persistent sessions: Slack makes it so that you can see what you missed
when you return. With IRC, you don’t have this. If you want it, you can set
up an IRC bouncer like ZNC.
5. Integrations: with things like build bots.
Some of them were mentioned on the same link that you have written.

Yes, By default it is invite only. But I have seen that the other
organisations have automated it using code. So that the process become
similar to subscribing to mailing list. Here is the code and deploying
steps available.
1. https://github.com/outsideris/slack-invite-automation
2. https://github.com/rauchg/slackin
First one will be better to use and deploy to Heroku.
I can also help in setting it up.

No need for guest account. as we can now add members to slack same as that
of how members are added in mailing list.

We can't make archives publicly available but they are only for the users
who are members of the channel.

Thanks,

Manish Bisht
Email : hi at manishbisht.me