[phpMyAdmin Developers] Theme generator responsive design

MaurĂ­cio Meneghini Fauth mauriciofauth at gmail.com
Mon May 21 05:17:49 CEST 2018

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 7:56 AM, Isaac Bennetch <bennetch at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello developers,

Hello,

> Saksham and I were discussing the theme generator and
> responsive/mobile design. My opinion is that this is a rather advanced
> feature that will be rarely used, and will have such a large volume of
> information that a user would not benefit from using it on a small
> screen.
>
> Second, Saksham would like to introduce Bootstrap here to manage the
> layout and preview of the interface. Bootstrap is available as a
> Composer project. I'm not keen on introducing more dependencies to the
> project but want to discuss it with the rest of the group.

I don't see any problem if the Theme Generator is in a separate
repository. Actually I even think it's a good idea.

But I find it a bit complicated to add Bootstrap if the theme generator is
distributed with phpMyAdmin. I don't think it's a good idea to add that
dependency. I think this can bring more problems than solutions. I'm not
against using Bootstrap as a CSS framework for phpMyAdmin. I find this very
interesting indeed. However this may require a lot of work for a GSoC
project that has another goal.