[phpMyAdmin Developers] GSoC

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 01:51:58 CEST 2019

Hello Alaa,

> On Apr 7, 2019, at 6:44 PM, Alaa Othman <alaa.othman4707 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Mr. Fauth,
>
> I hope everything is going fine with you. Sorry if it may disturb you but this is the only way that I found to contact you.

This is a good way to reach all of us GSoC mentors.

> My name is Alaa Othman, I am a third-year student in faculty of Computers and Informatics at Suez Canal University, Ismailia, Egypt. I intend to apply for GSoC in phpMyAdmin and the idea I chose is "Convert the UI to  Bootstrap". Is this idea still available?

Yes, the GSoC deadline has not yet passed and we don’t select projects or request slots until after the deadline.

You can look at our wiki page at https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/wiki/GSoC_home for details about our application process. You apply through the Google interface.

> If no, can you please tell me who is the mentor of the idea "Refactoring and improving Designer"? as it is not specified in the idealist.

We are unlikely to be able to offer this particular project this summer.

> Here is my linked in profile for further information about me.
> linkedin.com/in/alaa-mohamed-othman
>
> Thanks in advance for your understanding and your patience.
> Best regards.

Same to you,
Isaac