The Internet, 2004-02-02
The phpMyAdmin development team is pleased to announce
the availability of the first release candidate for phpMyAdmin 2.5.6.
MySQL 4.1 / 5.0 Note:
phpMyAdmin's support for MySQL 4.1 / 5.0 is still experimental
* Display database collation
* List collations of all tables
* Pretty printing of charsets
* Can now change the default database charset
* Export now includes charset and collation info
* Foreign key browse window: better sorting for key/value pairs; window is now resizable
* Support for _charset syntax
* Display the maximum size of uploads
* Show MySQL version in SQL printview headers
* Security fix: possible attack against export.php
* Column collations were not displayed in MySQL 5.0
* Character set "binary" was not correctly detected
* Foreign key browse window: paging did not work
* SHOW FIELDS problem
* Changing a table's charset changed the charset of all fields (MYSQL >= 4.1.1)
* Problem when SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS is in the query
* Internal relations dropped when a field is dropped with the multi-submit mechanism
* Wrong sort link for column aliases
* Wrong row highlighting after "With selected: delete"
* MySQL version check was sometimes done before connecting
Download/support information on http://www.phpmyadmin.net.
Marc Delisle, for the team.