I think it's time to make decision what to do with the wiki.
* wiki.phpmyadmin.net is currently read only due to excessive vandalism
which was hard to block
* Mediawiki currently running wiki.phpmyadmin.net is no longer security
* all content pages were copied to GitHub wiki 
* I'm slowly going through wiki pages and integrate that to our user
documentation if it fits there
* bring Mediawiki on wiki.phpmyadmin.net back to usable state
- we will have to handle security fixes and so on
- need some way to prevent vandalism
* use wiki on GitHub
- it's for free with the repository
- the wiki is quite limited (no categories, no search, ...)
- having wiki content as Git repository is great
* use other solution for wiki.phpmyadmin.net
- we could use cleaned up wiki content which is currently used on GitHub
- I'd really prefer something with Git integration
- preferably use GitHub authentication, so that we do not have to
maintain another list of users
- one of possible tools to do that is ikiwiki
I don't think that maintaining Mediawiki is way to go. From remaining
choices I slightly prefer using wiki on GitHub as it needs no
maintenance from us, however it limits wiki features.
Please share your opinion.
Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com/ | https://weblate.org/
Thank you very much for your help !!!
On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 3:30 PM, <developers-request(a)phpmyadmin.net> wrote:
> Send Developers mailing list submissions to
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Developers digest..."
> Today's Topics:
> 1. Re: Requesting to join with phpMyAdmin project
> (Subhani Munasinghe)
> 2. Re: Requesting to join with phpMyAdmin project (Isaac Bennetch)
> 3. Build failed in Jenkins: documentation #87 (Jenkins Daemon)
> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 02:59:25 +0530
> From: Subhani Munasinghe <sashee1992(a)gmail.com>
> To: developers(a)phpmyadmin.net
> Subject: Re: [phpMyAdmin Developers] Requesting to join with
> phpMyAdmin project
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
> I am a beginner to open sources projects. So I really don't know how to
> pick a bug.
> Can you please help me to pick a bug. It'll be a big help for me.
> Thank you !!!
> On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 11:32 AM, Subhani Munasinghe <sashee1992(a)gmail.com>
> > Hi,
> > I am a 3 rd year computer engineering undergraduate at
> > University of Peradeniya, Sri Laka. I am really interested to
> > contribute to your project (phpMyAdmin) because it seems I can learn
> > plenty of things related to my studies and of course it will be a very
> > good experience for me.
> > Thank you !!!
I am a 3 rd year computer engineering undergraduate at
University of Peradeniya, Sri Laka. I am really interested to
contribute to your project (phpMyAdmin) because it seems I can learn
plenty of things related to my studies and of course it will be a very
good experience for me.
Thank you !!!