My name is Dougal. I am a 4th year programming student in Scotland.
I am undertaking a honours project on AJAX. I have chosen phpMyAdmin to
demonstrate my work as I have to take a previously existing PHP program and
add a AJAX spin to the user interface.
I'll keep you posted with my updates.Advice advice or comments would be
_ __ __ _ _ _
_ __ | |__ _ __ | \/ |_ _ / \ __| |_ __ ___ (_)_ __
| "_ \| "_ \| "_ \| |\/| | | | | / _ \ / _` | "_ ` _ \| | "_ \
| |_) | | | | |_) | | | | |_| |/ ___ \ (_| | | | | | | | | | |
| .__/|_| |_| .__/|_| |_|\__, /_/ \_\__,_|_| |_| |_|_|_| |_|
|_| |_| |___/ 2.9.1
phpMyAdmin 2.9.1 - November 9, 2006
A set of PHP-scripts to administrate MySQL over the Web.
The phpMyAdmin Project is proud to announce the immediate availability
of phpMyAdmin 2.9.1, a bugfix-only release.
phpMyAdmin is a web administration tool for MySQL databases, intended to
handle a whole database server as well as a single database. Over the
years, it has become the most popular Web GUI for MySQL and is
downloaded between 6,000 and 14,000 times a day, according to
* XSS fix
* Wrong import when ;; is at buffer boundary
* Duplicate id for checkbox on table Operations page
* Better behavior on the Add new fields page
* Export: csv/cvs typo
* Renaming a db containing a view
* Automated timestamp values
* Import: correctly fail if file is too short
* Default font family on original theme
Detailed list of changes is available under
This software is available under the GNU General Public License V2.0.
You can get the newest version at http://www.phpmyadmin.net/
Available file formats are: .zip, .tar.gz and .tar.bz2.
If you install phpMyAdmin on your system, it's recommended to
subscribe to the news mailing list by adding your address under
This way, you will be informed of new updates and security fixes.
It is a read only list, and traffic is not greater than a few
mail every year.
Support and Documentation
The documentation is included in the software package as text and
HTML file, but can also be downloaded from:
The software is provided as is without any express or implied
warranty, but there is a bugs tracker page under:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpmyadmin/ [click on "Bugs"]
In addition, there are also a number of discussion lists
related to phpMyAdmin. A list of mailing lists with archives
is available at:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpmyadmin/ [click on "Lists"]
Finally, an users support forum is also available under:
Please subscribe to the news mailing list under
or regularly check the sourceforge bugs tracker.
The project accepts donations to help improve the product. There is
a "Donations" link on http://www.phpmyadmin.net.
phpMyAdmin handles the administration of MySQL over the Web. It
can manage a whole MySQL server as well as a single database.
Currently it can:
* easily browse through databases and tables
* create, copy, rename, alter and drop databases
* create, copy, rename, alter and drop tables
* do table maintenance
* add, edit and drop fields
* execute any SQL-statement, even multiple queries
* create, alter and drop indexes
* load text files into tables
* create (*) and read dumps of tables or databases
* export (*) data to SQL, CSV, XML, Word, Excel, PDF and Latex formats
* administer multiple servers
* manage MySQL users and privileges
* check server settings and runtime information with configuration hints
* check referential integrity in MyISAM tables
* using Query-by-example (QBE), create complex queries automatically
connecting required tables
* create PDF graphics of your Database layout
* search globally in a database or a subset of it
* transform stored data into any format using a set of predefined functions,
like displaying BLOB-data as image or download-link
* support InnoDB tables and foreign keys (see FAQ 3.6)
* support mysqli, the improved MySQL extension (see FAQ 1.17)
* communicate in 50 different languages
(*) phpMyAdmin can compress (Zip, GZip -RFC 1952- or Bzip2 formats)
dumps and CSV exports if you use PHP4 >= 4.0.4 with Zlib support
(--with-zlib) and/or Bzip2 support (--with-bz2).
Authors & Copyright
Copyright (C) 1998-2000
Tobias Ratschiller <tobias_at_ratschiller.com>
Copyright (C) 2001-2006
Marc Delisle <Marc.Delisle_at_cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca>
Olivier Müller <om_at_omnis.ch>
Robin Johnson <robbat2_at_users.sourceforge.net>
Alexander M. Turek <me_at_derrabus.de>
Michal Cihar <michal_at_cihar.com>
Garvin Hicking <me_at_supergarv.de>
Sebastian Mendel <cybot_tm_at_users.sourceforge.net>
+ many other people
(check the CREDITS section of our documentation)
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program; if not, write to
Free Software Foundation, Inc.,
59 Temple Place, Suite 330,
Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA
Marc Delisle / 2006-11-09
Ok I noted what happens:
svn commit -m "do not show Designer link if the required table is not
Transmission des données ..svn: Échec de la propagation (commit), détails :
svn: MERGE request failed on
svn: MERGE of '/svnroot/phpmyadmin/trunk/phpMyAdmin/libraries': 500
Internal Server Error (https://svn.sourceforge.net)
So the commit is done (revision 9678) but my local copy is not updated.
After a "svn update" my local copy gets updated.
I just merged the Designer code into trunk. Please play with it.
- IE compatibility
- PDF import/export: bug?
- still some messages to remove from code
- adapt setup.php
- left menu Structure icon: bug?
- support special characters in table/column names
- check security ( code uses extract() )
- ON UPDATE and ON DELETE options for InnoDB?
- do not try to create an internal relation if pmadb does not support it
- a better way to add the new pma_designer_coords (better than executing
- Documentation.html: add Ivan A Kirillov to Credits
some files in libraries/fpdf/font seem to be corrupted in SVN.
I mean trunk, MAINT_2_9_0 and QA_2_9.
To test this, I try to generate a PDF schema and get an error about
I can try to commit them from a known good source but anyone know why
they could have been corrupted? The migration? but icons got migrated fine.
Please don't drop me, I'm still alive, but busy. ;-)
I will attend this year's International php Conference. I have just
received my ticket. The University Library of Karlsruhe, that I've been
working for since last fall, sends me there.
It already starts tomorrow (11/07), so if there's anything I can do for
you there, please tell me. :-)