(I used phpmyadmin-users mailing first but I did not receive any response so
sorry for double-post)
I'm new to phpmyadmin development, so far I have been just passive daily
I think phpmyadmin is great and I would love to help making it even better.
I'm working on regex-replace interface for phpmyadmin:
I would love to hear your thoughts about this concept I have, I suggest
The 'Rows to replace' is simply a where statement
The second fieldset contains user defined regular expression matches.
Each regexp has sort of ID which is later used when addressing correct token
The last fieldset contains fields to be replaced.
Fields are replaced by addressing ID of the match and token, e.g. #1$2 means
token 2 from match 1
thank you in advance
I thought its a good idea to make the charts adjust to the current
theme colors, so I wrote a patch for it:
I also wrote a short blog entry about it, showing screenshots of the
new changed charts:
I tried to pull it to my repos on repo.or.cz but it doesn't accept my
user name and password. Set I set up a push account for me though, and
typed in my public key. The (Windows)-git-commit-tool-gui shows me the
same public key.
After I checked out the code, I've added my repos with the command
'git remote add tyronm ssh://repo.or.cz/srv/git/phpmyadmin/tyronm.git'
then trying to pull via 'git pull tyronm'. Anyone know what I'm doing
Thanks in advance.
First of all thank you so much for coming up as the mentor for this project
idea, especially when it didn't have a mentor initially. And a big thank
goes to phpMyAdmin team and Google for this great opportunity.
I will use the following blog  to communicate the progress of the
project. I have already included some posts about the project and will
continue to post. Please be kind enough to merge it to Plant phpMyAdmin.
Michal, I will get in touch with you to plan ahead for the development work.
Thanks and Regards,
An IRC user reported some strange behavior with the MD5 function under
the version 3.3.2 shipped with Ubuntu.
For instance, select md5('blah') is returning
of 6f1ed002ab5595859014ebf0951522d9. I also tested a few other strings,
which aren't worth copying and pasting here other than to say they are
I did some work with git and found it affects the officially distributed
versions 3.3.0, 3.3.1, and 3.3.2 (and was then fixed for 3.3.3).
Since it's been fixed for several releases, I don't think anything needs
to be done about it, but I haven't seen any bug reports or commit
messages about it and thought it should be mentioned.
To reproduce under any of 3.3.0, 3.3.1, or 3.3.2 go to the SQL query
window, run the query "select md5('blah')" and compare the result to the
same query run from the command line (or a non-affected pma instance).
1 - my Debian box would want to install 22.214.171.124 !
This year I will be implementing Drizzle support, so that phpMyAdmin
will be able to work with this light MySQL fork. You will be able to
track my work by reading weekly reports on my usually-dead blog 
and checking my git repository .
I've been started to look at Drizzle compability with MySQL, and the
first issue i got is the Charset and Collation
I've been looking through Drizzle documentation and it said that
currently Drizzle only support utf8 charset and collation. But as i
seen the code on latest trunk, phpMyAdmin simply disable it rather
than set it to utf8.
As i tested on Drizzle7 2011.03.13, we can look at supported charset
SELECT * from DATA_DICTIONARY.CHARACTER_SETS; As replacement of SHOW
CHARACTER SET; on MySQL
And for the collation:
SELECT * from DATA_DICTIONARY.COLLATIONS; As replacement of SHOW
COLLATION; on MySQL
But, the table structure is little bit confusing here, because in
MySQL we can match the `Charset` field on both result, but in Drizzle
i've to match `CHARACTER_SET_NAME` on charset result and `DESCRIPTION`
on collation result.
At least, now phpMyAdmin can show correct charset and collation on the
I already send patch for this issue 
But, i got another issue, for example when submit Create table form,
it thrown error "CHARACTER SET" because it's removed on Drizzle ,
but "COLLATE" seems to be supported 
I'll give more investigation on this issue.