I was going through the selenium documentation and found out that
there are multiple selenium tools for testing and after going through
PMA code I figured that the test is written using selenium RC
I wanted to know whether I am right about this or not and which tool
has to be used for the GSOC project ? Is it selenium WebDriver or is
it selenium RC?
Personally I think webdriver should be used because according to their
documentation it is the "future direction of the project", although I
am not sure which binding should be used !
I am a Btech computer science third year student. I am work on variously
projects which uses myphpadmin since three years. When I work on it, the
column which is in auto increment mode it's value doesn't change when we
delete or add a new row. Example: if we define two attributes sno(a_i) and
name. And the rows and then wish to delete the row having sno=2 then it
will be deleted but the row having sno=3 and above must decrease. Same
scene for add operation.
I am looking forward to work on the above problem and more. I want you to
provide me more information.
I want to contribute in phpmyadmin. I am interested in the "Enhancement
collection B" of the GSOC 2017. I like this set very much and love to
contribute in this.
C/C++ and Python. It would be great if I get some initial guidance to carry
on my journey in contributing here.
Email : hi(a)manishbisht.me
Website : https://manishbisht.me
Today, the phpMyAdmin team released version 4.7.0 as the latest stable
version, and 220.127.116.11 as a security and bugfix release.
Welcome to phpMyAdmin 4.7.0, a regular maintenance release containing
new features, bug fixes, and a security fix.
A complete list of new features and bugs that have been fixed is
available in the ChangeLog file or changelog.php included with this release.
Notable changes since 4.6.6:
* Fix an issue where $cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] is ignored
* Show all databases in dropdown selector, including the current one
* Better defaults when creating a multi-field foreign key
* Improved support for TokuDB
* Improved handling of LoginCookieValidity, this should improve certain
cases where users were getting logged out prematurely
* Fix an error that could occur when copying a database (related to
pmadb/Configuration Storage metadata)
* Fixed OpenDocument exports
* Fixed alignment of NULL values
* Removed error message about client and server version mismatch
* Compatibility fixes when running under HHVM 3.18
* Fix the version check when curl is incorrectly configured
* Change the default export setting for Excel files; now the default is
to include column names in the first row. This is always configurable
* Log failed authentication attempts to syslog (useful for parsing by
fail2ban, for example)
* Add filtering for the database list
* Add table filtering to the database 'Structure' tab
* Add support for exporting user settings as a config.inc.php snippet
* Add option to delete settings from browser storage
* Changes to the JSON import and export format to better follow the JSON
specification, however this breaks
compatibility with older versions. See
* Support for IPv6 proxies
* Allow more connection parameters for the controluser connection
* Rename 'Relations' to 'Relationships' in many places as it's a more
* More documentation for export configuration options
* Remove support for Swekey authentication
* Remove support for old, unsupported versions of Microsoft Internet
* Removed $cfg['ThemePath']
Starting with this version, phpMyAdmin uses Composer to manage PHP
library dependencies while under development. Users downloading the
official source distribution will not notice a difference, however users
of the git repository should refer to
Also beginning with this version, we've made some changes to the files
available for download. There are now three different packages
available: `all-languages` and `english` are the same downloads we've
offered for some time, the former featuring all languages for which we
have a reasonable amount of translations and the latter being a smaller
English-only download. We have added a `source` download, which includes
the unit test suite, Gettext po files, documentation source, and
most users have no need for them. We have also reduced the number of
compression formats available due to low utilization; for each package
we have .tar.gz, .tar.xz, and .zip formats available.
There are many more improvements; please refer to the ChangeLog for full
18.104.22.168 fixes database search when the locale is not 'en' and also
fixes a security issue where $cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] is
ignored (PMASA-2017-8) in certain situations.
As always, downloads are available at https://www.phpmyadmin.net
Thanks to our sponsors for helping to make this work possible!
In order to implement a new template engine in phpMyAdmin that does not
allow the use of PHP directly in the templates to increase the security, I
created a pull request  that adds an initial support to the Twig
However, as Michal correctly pointed out, the choice of which template
engine to use and whether to use one or not should be discussed earlier
through this mailing list.
What are your ideas on this subject?
Maurício Meneghini Fauth