Welcome to phpMyAdmin 4.2. This release contains several improvements
and bug fixes. This version removes support for the deprecated PHP
Some highlights include:
* Added the ability to save and load queries in Query By Example.
* Navigation tabs are now fixed and don't scroll off screen.
* Easily add a function to all rows when inserting several rows at once.
* Added a favorite tables feature for quick access to often-used tables.
* Quick filter displayed rows.
You can read the complete list of changes by referring to changelog.php
or ChangeLog file, included with this release.
Details will appear on http://phpmyadmin.net. You can also visit
https://sourceforge.net/projects/phpmyadmin/files to download.
The phpMyAdmin team
Firstly, I thank the whole phpMyAdmin team for accepting my GSoC proposal for project "Interface Improvements". I will do my best to complete this project on time.
I had a few questions regarding Feature request: #1445 :
1) Rather than adding a option for "Show CREATE" under "With selected:" drop-down menu, would it be wise to add a small icon in front of table/view name on database level view page as shown in the attached image "show_create.png" ?
On clicking this icon, an Ajax dialog will show up containing the "CREATE" query for corresponding database objects.
2) Also, do we need to add the same feature for routines, triggers and events also, as one can easily see the definition of these by clicking on "Edit" action link in front of their names ?